Tuesday 16 October 2012

The First Time...

I still remember the first time I went to long. I was a first year student, fresh out of high school. Still Remember feelings of dread and excitement I experienced. Questions such as: " Do I look my age?", "Will the bouncers ask me for ID?", "Am I dressed well enough?" and so on, were streaming through my mind.Those thoughts completely left my mind when I took my first step out of the cab and on to Long street. I don't know why but there is something about that place that makes you lose inhibition and just be (could have something to do with the alcohol...hahahaha). To be honest, I really do not remember most of that night. What I do remember is: getting somewhat drunk, getting separated from my friends, kissing some guy by a stairway in some club, eventually finding one friend, dancing, being forcefully moved out of the way for some guys to dance in-front of some mirrors, laughing at the guys watching themselves dance in-front of these mirrors, going to the bathroom to hold up my friends hair while she threw up and finally getting into a cab and going back home. It was your average girls night out I guess.  Nothing absurd to recall really. But this night was to be that first of many nights that comprise of my  downward spiraling relationship with Cape Towns nightlife. And the beginning of all the mishaps I have encountered thus far.

No comments:

Post a Comment