Tuesday 13 November 2012

Baghdad


What is the first thought that comes into your mind when I say the word “Baghdad”.  That is exactly what the Baghdad of Long Street is like. Hahaha, okay maybe not that bad.

I won’t lie I have found myself in Baghdad very, very many times. So many times I am even acquainted with the bar men, the resident dj’s and the manager (or I think he is a manager). No matter how many times I have been to Baghdad it still hasn’t changed my mind from the first impression I had of the place. In the simplest of descriptions, it really isn’t such a fantastic place for some people.  It’s so not fantastic that I got my cellphone stolen inside, I was harassed by a hobo right outside its door and I have been in a few fights with some guys inside.

 But, despite all these bad happenings I just seem to find myself popping in there for a while when I’m on Long. Maybe it’s the friendly barmen, or the dj’s trendy (and may I add current) tunes, or possibly that they make the best hubbly on Long.

Whatever it is, you haven’t really been to Long street unless you have gone inside. I’m sure you have your own opinions.  You don’t have to take my word for it. I’m just saying…

No comments:

Post a Comment